Vladimir Jones | Senior Copywriter
This job post has expired
At Vladimir Jones, we believe everything is an opportunity. Starting with this here job posting for a Senior Copywriter.
The Senior Copywriter (CW) is responsible for concepting, creating and participating in the production of creative work. Working closely with art directors, designers, developers and other creative resources—as well as other agency staff—the CW creates work that solves business problems, commands attention, provokes response, and represents the agency well; all within the appropriate time and budget parameters. This position is based in our Denver office.
• Translates creative brief into ideas, concepts, words and pictures that will engage target audiences and effectively execute on strategy.
• Understands business imperatives of clients, and utilizes them as a catalyst for creative work, not a barrier.
• Knows the rules of English grammar, syntax and usage, enabling him/her to break them with grace and authority.
• Takes a holistic view of clients, projects and creative opportunities, to create innovative work that challenges the client, pushes the category, yet responsibly delivers on the strategy.
• Good at finding and using the appropriate “voice” for every brand.
• The CW should be his/her own toughest critic; never settling for the first idea, the safe idea, the obvious idea, pushing and polishing their own work and those of the team.
• Nurtures a pathological dislike for the boring and the mediocre; shoots for spectacular successes and failures (successes preferred).
• Strives to meet assigned schedules and deadlines; is communicative when deadlines are in jeopardy and/or extensions are needed.
• Works closely with Art Director, collaborating, concepting, executing, polishing, arguing, enabling, line dancing, hiding bodies, etc.
• Writes thirty second scripts that actually run thirty seconds.
• Should want to create things that nobody has done before.
• Should be engaged in popular culture; art, music, film, etc.
• Should understand that this is a real business which requires doing time sheets, being on time, wearing pants, etc.
• Should solve ten problems for every one he/she creates.
• Must have the ability to argue with others and still stay friends.
• Celebrate other teams’ work as much as his/her own.
• Five or more years related experience