LRXD | Head of Strategy
This job post has expired
In this evolved world, two new currencies have become ultra-valuable in the lives of almost everyone: Health and Happiness. For the last decade, LRXD has fought to bring more of both to the world — by helping grow purpose-driven businesses to compound the positive impact they have on people’s lives. That’s why we call ourselves the Health & Happiness agency. Right now, we’re searching for a Head of Strategy to help us accelerate our agency’s climb and for the national brands that we serve.
We’re looking for an experienced leader for our growing team – someone who strives to do great work but also wants to be part of a motivated crew who likes to have fun.
LRXD’s Head of Strategy will be responsible for the strategic output and business impact, creating thought leadership, building strong relationships with clients, and leading the vision for the Strategy Department. You’ll be a key inspirational leader driving a culture of creativity - building strong cross-functional partnerships with Client Leadership, Creative, and Media to produce best-in-class work. You have a consultative relationship-based approach and a deep understanding of the marketing space. It is key that you can articulate value, inspire and sell the impact that marketing can have on transforming a business. As a trusted advisor, you are the person with expertise within creative, media, data, and technology that can help clients solve their business challenges and create world-class work.
Provide leadership to the Strategy Team by supporting, guiding, inspiring, and directing the department. This role is also a player/coach role, so be prepared to run a few key client assignments yourself.
• Lead the team in delivering outstanding work for clients.
• Mentor the team and facilitate their professional development.
• Strategize for team growth and oversee hiring as we scale.
Provide strategic agency leadership by refining and expanding the role of the strategy function, while improving processes for seamless cross-functional collaboration.
• Establish lanes and processes among strategy, creative, media, account, and other internal teams.
• Along with agency partners, guide and optimize the annual strategic communications and go-to-market planning process for clients.
Meaningful strategic contribution to our new business ecosystem.
• Innovate new strategic products, models, services, and revenue streams that drive growth for the agency.
• Lead the agency's ability to utilize the latest rapid response research platforms for new business activities.
• Attend industry events, podcast and webinar appearances, and represent the company as strategic leader.
Provide thought leadership by helping to extend our thinking to maintain and increase our industry profile, attract the best clients and talent, and deliver exceptional campaign results.
• Stay on the leading edge of trends in social media & brand marketing.
• Tune into culture and the zeitgeist.
• Develop new campaign strategies and approaches.
• Assist in developing research, white papers, and industry insight reports.
The Ideal Person
You have a track record of breakthrough strategic direction and creative output for major brands and businesses.
• A client-facing leader who can win and work with senior marketers.
• A people manager who can inspire and nurture talent.
• A natural collaborator, comfortable working iteratively with different disciplines in a fast-moving workplace.
• Someone that lives and breathes a health & happiness mindset, both personally and professionally.
• Fluent in today’s world: including social platforms, mobile, eCommerce, social change.
• An integrated thinker, who can sync up brand strategy, communications, content, data, eCommerce, retail, and user experience.
• You have the ability to think and create at the speed of our fast-paced culture.
• Grade-A presentation abilities and selling skills.
• Strong qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills.
• You’re an organized presenter, natural facilitator, and strategic writer capable of communicating complex ideas to very different audiences.
• Minimum of 15 years experience in a creative agency, marketing, or consulting environment.
• Proven track record of selling large-scale engagements and/or best-in-class strategic ideas that make business impact.
• Strong relationships & expert influencer of ideas.
LRXD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. LRXD is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Compensation is $. Benefits include unlimited PTO, 401k match, Health & Happiness stipend, profit sharing, and more.