Havenly | Sr. UX Designer
This job post has expired
Havenly is interior design for real people. We're a funded tech startup in Denver, and we believe everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. We’re looking for a Sr. UX Designer to join our team to drive UX strategy and interaction design to create products that delight and engage users. Our ideal candidate has a strong understanding of design thinking, human-centered design, human computer interaction and is fluent in the latest technology trends. They are design leaders, innovative problem solvers, self starters and strong collaborators who do their best work in a fast paced, high growth environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Design beautiful and functional experiences that surprise and delight across both the web and mobile product suite.
- Work cross-functionally across design, product, engineering, growth, and executives to design new features and evolve our overall product experiences.
- Rapidly prototype and iterate on new features or experiences.
- Brainstorm and ideate around new concepts and features.
- Conduct user tests and research to validate hypotheses and iterate quickly.
- Demonstrate high quality design practices. This includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, information architecture and visual execution.
- Mentor designers on the team; lead small teams of designers when needed.
- Exhibit empathy, enthusiasm, and motivation in every interaction.
What You’ll Bring:
- 7+ year of experience within a UI or UX capacity working on mobile and desktop applications
- 2+ years experience growing and leading multi-disciplinary design teams
- Passion for creating simple products that people use every day
- Strong portfolio with well-articulated examples of visual and interaction design
- Collaborative mindset and interest in working with product and engineering teams to ship products
- Excellent communication skills and high level attention to detail
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design tools
- Background working on consumer facing products
What would set you apart:
- Passion for Havenly’s brand and products.
- Experience designing for e-commerce in a web environment.
- Experience prototyping with Invision or Zeplin.
- Experience working in-house embedded within product/design teams.
- Experience with agile development process, usability research and testing.
- Experience working in a high-growth consumer technology company.
- The desire to work really hard and build something.
This is a remote/contract position with possibility to join following contract.