Water For People
Database Support Intern
Water For People works to build a world where all people have access to safe drinking water and sanitation, and where no one suffers or dies from a water- or sanitation-related disease. This is our vision.
World Water Corps is a unique volunteer arm of Water For People that facilitates the completion of needs assessments, monitoring and reporting and other mission-based research in the field through short-term volunteer trips throughout the year. These volunteer trips are open to the public and support our goals of obtaining quality, up to date data on all of our projects throughout the world and also spreading the word to as many people as possible about the need for improved access to water and sanitation across the world and the work we’re doing. To learn more about World Water Corps, please visit our website at: http://www.waterforpeople.org/programs/how-we-work/world-water-corps/
This internship will take place in the Denver Headquarters office and will comprise approximately 150 hours over 15 weeks. This is an unpaid position, but has great value!
Get to know Water For People and advance your skills (in a well-known nonprofit database software) over the summer by interning in our International Programs department, specifically with our World Water Corps team.
Internship duties are as follows:
• Downloading new applicants from Survey Monkey and upload the new volunteer information into Raiser’s Edge
• Upload all the volunteers’ resumes into their Raiser’s Edge volunteer file
• Collect in-kind contribution forms from volunteers and enter total hours into their RE file
• Work with RD to ensure contribution letters are sent to each volunteer
• Add employers to all the World Water Corps’ teams files since 2009 on the Excel master sheet
• Add World Water Corps assignments into Raiser’s Edge as jobs and make sure each volunteer’s file is linked with the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience working in Personnel Database software preferred (like Raisers’ Edge)
• Great communication skills.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put the desired position in your subject heading. In your cover letter, please include where you heard about the position, if you are seeking school credit and your experience/skill in using Raisers’ Edge.