Senior UX & Usability Researcher
Genesis10 is seeking a Senior UX & Usability Researcher for our Minneapolis, MN client for a long term contract opportunity. This is an excellent opportunity utilize your skills in a large, well-respected; cutting edge organization.
Our client is seeking to fill a User Experience Research candidate to perform a key strategic function in discovering “customer unmet needs” which generates insights for functional improvements to positively drive online customer satisfaction In collaboration with UX and Product teams, this role will design, lead, an conduct different types of user experience research studies, including field studies, qualitative research/focus groups, and lab-based usability studies.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience developing and executing proven research methods to identify, evaluate and communicate complex interaction experiences. Candidates must demonstrate strong collaboration and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate across multiple levels within the organization. Individuals must be detail-oriented, results driven and demonstrate strategic thinking and creativity, as well as business savvy.
Description of Responsibilities:
• Design, lead and conduct user research studies (leveraging internal resources or using an external agency)
• Collaborate with design and business teams to set research goals and involve and engage them in research sessions to ensure effectiveness
• Oversee and ensure the quality of research insights and deliverables
• Evangelize the value of user research across internal teams
• Masters degree (or equivalent experience) in design research, anthropology, psychology, cognitive science, interaction design, hci, or related field.
• The ability to plan and lead user-experience research, including a deep understanding of iterative design processes, user-centered qualitative methods and insight generation
• Experience developing and conducting multiple research plans and managing the work of additional UX research resources.
• Ability to interpret, package and present findings to diverse audiences
• Project management experience within a fast-paced, agile environment
• Strong leadership and strategic skills to guide clients and mentor team members
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills (graphic visualization skills a plus to communicate key research findings and recommendations)
• Ability to work independently across multiple projects
• Passion for human-centered design and an advocate for the user
• A working knowledge of quantitative and market research methods preferred
If you are qualified for this position and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com. “Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”